[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] New FFmpeg maintainership

compn tempn
Wed Jan 19 06:05:29 CET 2011

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 04:49:09 +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:

>On 18 Jan 2011, at 23:39, Stefano Sabatini <stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it> wrote:
>
>> On date Tuesday 2011-01-18 19:53:41 +0100, Attila Kinali encoded:
>>> We, the undersigned, announce that as of today FFmpeg maintainership
>>> has been assumed by a new team.  Our aim is to facilitate the
>>> development of exciting new features in a timely manner while keeping
>>> high quality standards and above all to provide a fair, productive
>>> environment for developers and contributors.
>>
>> I can understand some of the reasons for this change, and I can even
>> agree with them. But it should have been better to announce and
>> discuss publically on this list.
>>
>> This hasn't happened, and this sounds higly unrespectful for all the
>> FFmpeg developers not involved in the change.
>
>I'd like to say that I personally feel deeply insulted by this.

I'm guessing it was done to avoid flaming, bitching, forking,
bikeshedding and generally stopping development for weeks.

someone wrote an explanation reply to this thread, but it seems to have
not made it to the list (the draft was on a pastebin posted on irc).

i know everybody wanted mans back. so its an odd mix of feelings all
around.

do the ends justify the means?

-compn