[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] New FFmpeg maintainership

Sascha Sommer saschasommer
Thu Jan 20 23:15:32 CET 2011

Hi,

Am Mittwoch 19 Januar 2011 04:49:09 schrieb Reimar D?ffinger:
> On 18 Jan 2011, at 23:39, Stefano Sabatini <stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it>
wrote:
> > On date Tuesday 2011-01-18 19:53:41 +0100, Attila Kinali encoded:
> >> We, the undersigned, announce that as of today FFmpeg maintainership
> >> has been assumed by a new team.  Our aim is to facilitate the
> >> development of exciting new features in a timely manner while keeping
> >> high quality standards and above all to provide a fair, productive
> >> environment for developers and contributors.
> >
> > I can understand some of the reasons for this change, and I can even
> > agree with them. But it should have been better to announce and
> > discuss publically on this list.
> >
> > This hasn't happened, and this sounds higly unrespectful for all the
> > FFmpeg developers not involved in the change.
>
> I'd like to say that I personally feel deeply insulted by this.

Although I'm just a minor contributor, I have to say that I feel the same.

While the conversations on this list and the MPlayer lists have always been a
bit harsh, the way the "new maintainers" took over the project leadership tops
it all, imho.

I hope that they show now that they really are the better leaders by finding
another solution that is not disrespectful against michael and that avoids two
FFmpeg forks on different servers.

Regards

Sascha