[FFmpeg-devel] new and old maintainers

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Wed Jan 19 10:00:31 CET 2011

Hi all,

sorry for this email. I've been very undecided about the appropriateness
of writing it (and I apologise in advance if this email is
inappropriate). But i do care about the ffmpeg project (even if recently
I did not have much time for it), and I am worried about what's
happening.

When I read the original announcement, I assumed that there had been
some private emails between the new maintainers and Michael, and that
some form of agreement was reached. Then, I read that this is not
true...

Now, I do not want to start a discussion about who is wrong and who is
right, but I'd like to ask everyone involved to please try to find some
kind of agreement (or at least compromise). I know there are different
opinions and different visions, but if you care about the project please
try to settle down this thing in a more pacific way.

				Luca