[FFmpeg-devel] Patchwork instance running for FFmpeg-devel

Janne Grunau janne-ffmpeg
Sat Jan 22 18:01:02 CET 2011

Hi,

http://patchwork.libav.org runs a patchwork instance
(http://ozlabs.org/~jk/projects/patchwork/) looking on FFmpeg-devel for
patches and comments. It's hooked into the git.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.git
repository and changes patch status on commits. This is currently not
working perfectly due to mismatches in commit messages.

I tried to send old mails to patchwork but due to the commit message
matching they weren't changed to 'Committed' from the rewritten svn
commit messages.

Everyone should be able to register an account for his email address and
will be able to change his own patches. Bug me to change the account to
FFmpeg maintainer which will be allowed to change all patches.

There is a patchwork command line client at
http://patchwork.libav.org/help/pwclient/ and config file at
http://patchwork.libav.org/project/FFmpeg-devel/pwclientrc/

The command line client makes applying ok-ed patches simple as:
pwclient view $PATCH_NUM | git am [-c] -s -

Please take care and look at the patch before applying. Some patches
are recorded with the full email. If that's the case the -c option to
'git am' is handy.

I'm looking if it's possible to make status changes with emails which
would simplify the workflow. Patchwork seems to have trouble to
automatically superseede patches with refreshed versions.

Janne