[FFmpeg-devel] Libav 52 to 53 issue

Sylvain Verdoux sylvain.verdoux at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 09:45:48 CEST 2011

Hi everybody,

I recently managed to apply a more recent version of libav (53) in my
program to update it from libav-52 use.
The thing is some functions don't give the same results at all.
For example, av_find_stream_info which used to give me an CODEC_TYPE_DATA
codec_type on some custom metadata streams gives me now an
AVMEDIA_TYPE_AUDIO codec type. Seems not so annoying, i just needed to
modify my code. The thing is the way that av_read_frame extract packets
seems to be dependent on this choice. My AVpacket sizes are radically
different between the 2 versions, and i'm wondering how i can fix it.

Any ideas?

Best regards