[FFmpeg-devel] Libav 52 to 53 issue

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Jul 6 10:38:13 CEST 2011

Sylvain Verdoux <sylvain.verdoux <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I recently managed to apply a more recent version of libav (53) in my
> program to update it from libav-52 use.
> The thing is some functions don't give the same results at all.

Apart from the fact that you may be using an unsupported fork of FFmpeg that is
known to contain bugs and regressions not present in FFmpeg (please see
http://ffmpeg.org/download.html if you are unsure how to get FFmpeg):

You can use the branch oldabi if you are unable to make the necessary changes to
get your software working with current master:
git checkout oldabi

Please note that this mailing list is only for questions related to the
development of FFmpeg, not the development with FFmpeg

Carl Eugen