[FFmpeg-devel] ESA Summer of Code in Space 2011

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Wed Jul 6 13:54:23 CEST 2011

Hi, ESA (European Space Agency), is organizing a Summer Of Code
project, based on the same concept of GSoC. Check info at:
http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis2011/
http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis2011/timeline

Coding period is from the beginning of August to the end of October.

Organizations application deadline is on 15th of July, so there is not
much time to decide.

Is FFmpeg really suited for space exploration? (I think so ;-))
Do we have mentors/proposals?

We could possibly re-use some of the ideas for GSoC.

PS Regarding the FFmpeg/Libav split, we may decide to run two distinct
applications or go togheter as we did for GSoC depending on what
people prefer, please let's avoid flames.