[FFmpeg-devel] [libav-devel] ESA Summer of Code in Space 2011

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 17:51:16 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 4:54 AM, Stefano Sabatini
<stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it> wrote:
> Hi, ESA (European Space Agency), is organizing a Summer Of Code
> project, based on the same concept of GSoC. Check info at:
> http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis2011/
> http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis2011/timeline
>
> Coding period is from the beginning of August to the end of October.
>
> Organizations application deadline is on 15th of July, so there is not
> much time to decide.
>
> Is FFmpeg really suited for space exploration? (I think so ;-))
> Do we have mentors/proposals?
>
> We could possibly re-use some of the ideas for GSoC.
>
> PS Regarding the FFmpeg/Libav split, we may decide to run two distinct
> applications or go togheter as we did for GSoC depending on what
> people prefer, please let's avoid flames.

Proposals can be the same as for GSoC. Same for mentors. The projects
are largely the same (whether you like it or not), so joint
application seems easier.

You can admin, I wonder how you'll word the application to make
FFmpeg/Libav relate to space. :-).

Ronald