[FFmpeg-devel] Greetings

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Mon Jul 11 13:33:55 CEST 2011

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 07:30:24 +0200, Steven Truppe wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>Now i came to the problem that i've no clue how to find out which file
>extensions ffmpeg can use, also a talk on #ffmpeg doesn't helped, so i

since ffmpeg itself does not have a file open dialog , we do not keep
a list of supported file extensions.

you might have better luck looking at vlc's file extension list
( www.videolan.org ) or maybe an mplayer frontend like smplayer, or
some ffmpeg frontend.

this list of our samples (note that ffmpeg does not support all of
them) can also help:
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/allsamples.txt

this is the wrong mailing list for such questions. good luck with your
script.

-compn