[FFmpeg-devel] Hi, I want to ask a question about function "av_frame_get_best_effort_timestamp"

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Fri Jul 6 12:00:02 CEST 2012

Le nonidi 19 messidor, an CCXX, Wei Gao a écrit :
> When I add the dxva2 hardware accelerater,sometimes ffmpeg drop 1 frame.and
> I found that the best "best_effort_timestamp" computed by function
> "av_frame_get_best_effort_timestamp" are same between two frames.But I
> can't find the code of "av_frame_get_best_effort_timestamp".Where can I
> find the code? How dose this function compute the "best_effort_timestamp"?

av_frame_get_best_effort_timestamp() is just an accessor for the
best_effort_timestamp field in the AVFrame structure. Most of the fields are
meant to be accessed directly, but best_effort_timestamp is in the private
part of the structure for ABI stability reasons.

Therefore, you want to search for places where the best_effort_timestamp
field is set. That would be avcodec_decode_video2() calling
guess_correct_pts().

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George