[FFmpeg-devel] lavfi: push / poll / flush / drain implementation

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Mon Mar 19 13:20:42 CET 2012

Le decadi 30 ventôse, an CCXX, Clément Bœsch a écrit :
> First, how this will affect audio filtering? Audio is now handled in
> AVFrame so I guess it won't differ a lot from the video case, but I
> wouldn't mind a few words on it.

I guess that is it. Except possibly for the "deterministic" guideline: the
order of arrival of frames may affect the frame boundaries on the output
stream. For example, if amerge gets 500+500 samples on one side and 1000 on
the other, it will output 1000 samples, but if the 1000 arrives before the
second 500, it will output 500+500; the data as a stream, OTOH, should be
the same.

> Secondly, how this will work with somehow independant streams in the same
> filtergraph? For instance if you have "movie=a.avi,videofilter,...[out0];
> amovie=a.avi,audiofilter,...[out1]". Is your solution handling such case
> the same way?

I believe it does, provided the surrounding code requests frames from all
outputs. I do not think it is more complicated than ffmpeg reading from
several distinct files.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George