[FFmpeg-devel] VC-1 Interlaced Hardware decoding

Lou Logan lou at lrcd.com
Mon Nov 19 01:23:36 CET 2012

On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 21:38:58 +0100, Jeroen de Kleijn wrote:

> I also don't know how exactly the XVBA code work. I am just a guy with a
> background in videoprocessing trying to get my HTPC working for all the BBC
> blurays.
>
> The two commits you mention are the two which made the B-frame decoding
> work with XVBA. This artefact problem with certain scene changes is a
> separate problem, which was already there before I started using your
> patches. And if I read Carl's comment it is still there for recent builds
> of FFmpeg, except not for your DXVA version.
>
> Perhaps if I find time I will try to use those two commits on the windows
> version.
>
> A last theory I have it has to do with the commit:
> a3c5aefff2892fb4e86ee6caaec23c9f3ffb2953
> - dxva2_vc1: fix decoding of BI frames.
> A similar issue is in xvba_vc1.c and vdaapi_vc1.c and is not fixed, while
> it has been fixed for dxva.
>
> Jeroen

You should try to keep your replies in one threaded message so it's
easier to follow. As of now you have three top-level messages each with
the same subject.

It may be easier you to reply via the archives since you are not
subscribed to the mailing-list:
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/

Choose the appropriate message and then click on the email address of
the person you are replying to (the message will be sent to the
mailing-list). A sane mail client will include the "in-reply-to"
header information.