[FFmpeg-devel] What is the purpose of AVFrame.qscale_table?

Ben Jackson ben at ben.com
Sat Sep 15 04:40:05 CEST 2012

What's the purpose of AVFrame.qscale_table and friends?

The VP6A decode appears to return a table generated during alpha decode.
It's reinitialized at each header parse, so the pre-thread code parses
the alpha header second.  I suspect that's a bug (which I inadvertently
"fixed" when threading, since the alpha state doesn't smash the YUV state)
but I don't know how to tell or what the consequences of such a bug would
be.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben at ben.com>