[FFmpeg-devel] What is the purpose of AVFrame.qscale_table?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Sep 15 05:29:04 CEST 2012

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 07:40:05PM -0700, Ben Jackson wrote:
> What's the purpose of AVFrame.qscale_table and friends?

qscale_table from mpeg1/2/4 h263 and similar codecs can be used to
do postprocessing, the values in the table tell the postprocessing
code how strong the deblock and dering filters need to be

I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not
approve, and what they approve I do not know. -- Epicurus