[FFmpeg-devel] VP8 decode on ARM

Andy Bell allbabel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 08:29:29 CEST 2012

Hi All,

I am decoding a VP8 stream on ARM.  The stream decodes OK but it sometime
has artefacts in the decoded stream and it has a sort of blue/purple filter
applied to the decoded frame.  The decoder is compiled with NEON
optimisations, if I disable the ARM optimisations then the
issue disappears so I can deduce that the issue has something to do with
the ARM code.  I have, as far as I am aware, removed the NEON optimisation
calls in the code by simply commenting out the assignments in
vp8dsp_init_neon.c in the function ff_vp8dsp_init_neon but this makes no
difference.  Does this suggest that the problem is elsewhere in the code
and not in the ARM code?  How can I diagnose where the problem is?

Thanks in advance, Andy