[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg s/0.12/1.0/

Michael Bradshaw mbradshaw at sorensonmedia.com
Wed Sep 26 23:51:47 CEST 2012

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 3:29 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> Hi comrades
>
> While theres no big change from 0.11 or previous releases, i think
> FFmpeg deserves a version starting with a bigger digit than 0.
> also it makes the version shorter
>
> So unless there are objections ill release 1.0 in a few hours or
> tomorrow

Out of curiosity, are there any libraries or aspects of FFmpeg that
have any planned major changes/API breaks (without any kind of time
frame)? For example (and purely for example), a good amount of work
has been done lately on subtitles; is anyone saying "the API for
dealing with subtitles needs to be redesigned and reworked?"

I'm just curious if there are any aspects that people agree
on/acknowledge that need significant changes some day in the future,
for whatever reasons, whether or not there are any plans to be making
those changes any time soon.

Thanks,

Michael