[FFmpeg-devel] CoC enforcement activated

Compn tempn at mi.rr.com
Mon Dec 18 00:34:54 EET 2017

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 22:16:50 +0000, Josh de Kock <josh at itanimul.li>
wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 17:12:24 -0500
> Compn <tempn at mi.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 21:57:07 +0000, Josh de Kock <josh at itanimul.li>
> > wrote:

> > > Note that there is nothing on how the CoC should be 'enforced'. Also consider that the CoC in our case is more of guidelines than strict rules to be followed. There has also been no consensus on moderation being enabled under what circumstances.
> >
> > right, i brought this up in april.
> >
> > http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2017-April/210519.html
> >

> My point is: You should turn off this 'emergency moderation' as there's nothing in the *non-existent* guidelines which say you are allowed to do so.

as said on irc, emergency moderation is the standard and expected tool
for ml admins to use to stomp out flame wars.

When this option is enabled, all list traffic is emergency moderated,
i.e. held for moderation. Turn this option on when your list is
experiencing a flamewar and you want a cooling off period.

emergency moderation is part of an ml admins job. it is not something i
thought up, invented, or wrote guidelines for. it is not something i
enjoy either.

having mails delayed ~2 minutes never hurt anyone.

-compn