[FFmpeg-trac] #9811(avfilter:new): filter 'zscale=transfer=linear' fails with "code 2050: active window must be positive"

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Jun 14 13:49:48 EEST 2022

#9811: filter 'zscale=transfer=linear' fails with "code 2050: active window must
be positive"
             Reporter:  rminnema     |                    Owner:  (none)
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |
Comment (by rminnema):

 Replying to [comment:5 Balling]:
 > >The video still looks washed out when I do that. Only tone mapping
 fixes its appearance.

 > No, it does not. Are you sure you understasnd how to play HDR?

 I already said I am trying to play these videos on an SDR display. Are you
 sure you "understasnd" how to read?

 > >Also I'm unclear on what you're saying I'm wrong about.
 >
 > >doesn't have proper HDR metadata
 > >The video is thus washed out and oversaturated on SDR displays
 >
 > This implication is wrong. HDR metadata is what makes a video HDR10, not
 HDR. PQ function makes video HDR.

 Fine. I'm glad you got that out of your system. Are you here to help
 identity and fix bugs, or are you here to argue with people about how they
 use the software?
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/9811#comment:6>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>