[FFmpeg-user] Can I use FFmpeg.exe command line in my proprietary software

H. Vidal, Jr. hvidal at tesseract-tech.com
Mon Aug 8 02:16:09 CEST 2011

On 08/07/2011 07:44 PM, Phil Rhodes wrote:

>> so what exactly is your problem?
>
> Simply that it doesn't make sense and isn't good for anyone.
>
> You are of course free to define your own rules, I'm just pointing out
> how stupid they are.

Respectfully, I have noticed, Mr. Rhodes, that although
you are frequently one to contribute a comment to this
list, your comments are hardly constructive and helpful
to a set of users and developers intent on working with
and on ffmpeg.

You are, of course, free to continue your oft-repeated
comments on the problems with ffmpeg, open-source and
etc. Just please consider that this isn't truly helping
the users and engineers on this code. I am certain that
I speak for a few of us when I say, I really wish you
would simply acknowledge that we acknowledge your
reservations, and simply be done with it.

I value your criticisms, but after a while, repetition
changes signal to noise, in this case.

With all due respect,
hv