[FFmpeg-user] Mailing list character sets

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Feb 2 16:02:38 CET 2012

Am 02.02.2012 15:58, schrieb Maurice Randall:
>> and YOU decide that everybody has to set the charset you wish
>> in his mail-client as default because YOU are blocking messages?
>
> You should go back and re-read my previous message.

no need for this

you are thinking that if someone writes to a english mailing list
he has to use a ascci-charset and not realizing that this is
simply not possible because usually a sender has a name and nobody
in this world will kill his name in his own mail client

so the setting you decided to to is generally useless and one
of the examples where amdins making changes without understanding
what they are doing