[FFmpeg-user] Converting captured YUV Data to an AVI

DerVali valideluxe at arcor.de
Thu Feb 9 15:58:21 CET 2012

Hey there,

currently I'm trying to create an Avi-Video out of a raw captured
YUV-Data-Stream. For capturing the Source I'm using a C++ Code Visual Studio
2010.  As the result I get the data of each frame in 8-Bit yuv422-Format [Cr
Y Cb Y]. The next step will be writing the data of each frame in some format
FFMPEG can deal with. After Capturing the whole sequence I want to use
FFMPEG to encode the raw data format to an avi-file (also yuv 4:2:2). I've
never used ffmpeg before, so I would be glad if someone could help me. Which
format shall I use to store the raw video stream?

Many Regards and thx for answers,

DerVali