[FFmpeg-user] Splicing/Trimming video

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 19:55:14 CET 2012

2012/2/10 Joshua Grauman <jnfo-c at grauman.com>:
> I don't fully understand why ffmpeg doesn't do this

Because nobody published efforts on this issue (generalized
concatenation of media) to upstream _yet_.
This's community-driven open-source project. Shortly, do it yourself,
hire somebody to do it, or look for another tool.

> It seems like maybe I'm using the wrong tool for the job? Or is it just a
> necessity when doing work in this area to have to use multiple tools? Should
> I be aware of any other commandline (Linux) tools for
> cutting/splicing/joining video files (mine are mp4s).

Don't know of such command-line tool, unfortunately. Looked for it days ago.
ffmpeg has great libraries for creation of _application_ for your need.
It is very probable that somebody'll do it soon.

--
Andrey Utkin