[FFmpeg-user] help decoding mjpeg in rtsp

Daniel Martinez Ramos daniel.martinez at sacnet.es
Tue May 22 17:41:55 CEST 2012

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
  It is not my intention to cause any disturb. I'm new here and I just
would like to ask for some help.

I also tried to decode this stream with a modern version 0.10.3, but the
problem looked pretty similar, so I guess it is my fault ;)

Investigating a bit more I've founded more problems like this because of
the streamer "ingenient technologies media server", so maybe the problem
came since I'm forcing ffmpeg to decode mjpeg instead of "ingenient
technologies" mjpg format.

As you can see in the format list, my ffmpeg compilation seems to be
able to decode that format
(please ignore the version)

root at debr:/media/samba/# ffmpeg -formats | grep ingenient
ffmpeg version 0.8.11, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the FFmpeg developers
   built on May 22 2012 13:32:07 with gcc 4.4.5
   configuration:
   libavutil    51.  9. 1 / 51.  9. 1
   libavcodec   53.  8. 0 / 53.  8. 0
   libavformat  53.  5. 0 / 53.  5. 0
   libavdevice  53.  1. 1 / 53.  1. 1
   libavfilter   2. 23. 0 /  2. 23. 0
   libswscale    2.  0. 0 /  2.  0. 0
  D  ingenient       raw Ingenient MJPEG

Any clue with the parameter I should pass to decode the "ingenient"
video format?

Kind regards.
Daniel Martinez.

PS. Please take in account that I don't want to cause problems and be
sure that your support is quite appreciated.