[FFmpeg-user] Change output file at specific time

frafart at free.fr frafart at free.fr
Fri Dec 6 16:32:03 CET 2013

Hi,

I try to generate 5 minutes long TS file's from an udp streams. I can do it with segment (the accuracy is not very high but it works and I don't have really work on all the segment options).
My problem is : I want that the file rotate at specific time (at 00:00:00, 00:05:00, 00:05:10, ...).

Is there a way with ffmpeg to specify not a duration but, for exemple an test like timestamp % 300 = 0 ?

Another question : Can I use an extended pattern for the file name (%H for hours, %M for minute, ...) ?

For now, I work with ffmpeg 1.0.8.

Regards,
Fabrice.