[FFmpeg-user] AAC, Low Complexity Profile (LC).

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Dec 8 07:17:16 CET 2013

Sam East <samuel.east <at> sobytes.com> writes:

> So if i run a install from a dir on my server say /usr/local/bin/

I understood your original question as "I don't want to overwrite
my existing FFmpeg installation" and I tried to explain that you
don't have to *install* FFmpeg (I never install), it is
sufficient if you *compile* FFmpeg (I compile several times a
day) because the default compilation produces an executable that
you can run from whereever you want (including the build directory).
When you are happy with the new executable, copy it into a
directory of your choice (like /usr/local/bin) under a name of
your choice (like "myworkingffmpeg").

> Which install would you suggest me running as i have found
> lots of different ones i am running on Centos?

I may misunderstand but the only supported "install" is
the one from http://ffmpeg.org/download.html

Please do not top-post here, Carl Eugen