[FFmpeg-user] j2k encoder/decoder status

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Jul 18 13:50:16 CEST 2013

Robert Krüger <krueger <at> lesspain.de> writes:

> > Why do think there is a "plan"?
>
> There does not have to be one but sometimes a developer
> starts a unit of work - paid or not - and thinks things
> like "I want to work on module X now until it does Y
> and it will probably take me a week or two".

I don't remember that this was ever the case on
ffmpeg-devel (if I understand you correctly).
Or actually, I do remember occurrences, but they
never lead to a patch being sent;-(

[...]

> > This is apparently also the reason why you
> > misunderstood this mail (that was not meant
> > nonconstructive at all):
> > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user/45798/focus=45826
>
> Actually not, although this type of answer is probably
> perceived as a provocation by some people because it
> might be interpreted to have a "code something or piss
> off, you leach!" connotation

Did you consider that the thread may also be interpreted
exactly the other way 'round?
(Apparently it is neither how you nor I meant it.)

Carl Eugen