[FFmpeg-user] Increase video speed via framerate change?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Nov 6 12:13:44 CET 2013

thljcl <jiachielee <at> live.com> writes:

> -r as an input option will tell ffmpeg to ignore
> the original frame rate stored in the video
> container

Please understand that -r as an input option is an
ugly hack to workaround a bug (in the h264 parser),
only use it if you know exactly what you are doing.
To change video speed, use the setpts filter, this
is documented afair.

> Generally, -vf "fps=24" is favored over -r "24" as
> an output option because of the predictability.

pullup does not work with the fps filter and needs
-r as an output option.
(I will update the documentation next week if nobody
beats me.)

Carl Eugen