[FFmpeg-user] Adding support for EAC3 compatibility with mp4 container

Tarun singhal tsinghal18 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 12:59:41 CET 2013

Hi all,

After days of digging around, It seems there is no tool available atleast
free/opensource which can encode mp4 video with H.264+EAC3 codecs.

My true intention for getting this mp4 was - I have mp4tosmooth tool which
I developed using transform manager libraries and I use that tool to
transmux mp4 into smooth.
So essentially what I wanted was a smooth stream content with H.264+EAC3

I got to know that ffmpeg cant put EAC3 in mp4 because FFmpeg's mov/isom
muxer does

not contain a function mov_write_eac3_tag() which is necessary to write
compliant files.

I would like to get some help/guidance from this group towards development
of this function.

Appreciate if somebody can share details around this method.

Regards,

Tarun Singhal