[FFmpeg-user] speeding transfert

jacky renaux.jacky at orange.fr
Thu Oct 3 15:20:29 CEST 2013

Hello
I am a volunter in a senior culture association, responsable for
streaming server application and have a question to vidéo gourous

We have a large DV file (about 4Gb) from each conference (once a week)
this dv file is encoded using ffmpeg supplying 2 differents flv files
(one 400kb/s
second 600kb/s)

We all are senior this means which we are working from home and we must
transfert from the team to the admin then from the admin to the server
this process is requiring about 7h total download and would like to
avoid or to
keep smaller (the admin and the video team are separated and can do both
tasks)

One supposed solution might be to slice a file in several parts et send
these
to Dropbox (as an exemple) and let the serveur fetching, concatenate and
running ffmpeg (a very large file is keeping vpn active and in case it
stops we have to
restart from start)
Do you thing it is possible to slice DV file and concatenate without too
much trouble ?
it seems it cannot be on flv easily
does somebody knows a better solution ? even complex requiring programming
thanks to all of you , ffmpeg is really a very powerfull tool

regards
jacky