[FFmpeg-user] add image to an mp3 video?

mB mb at code-it.com
Thu Aug 28 15:27:33 CEST 2014

eGreetings,
About a week ago I requested help on adding an image to a MP3 audio file to create a video (prefer to AVI format).
What I need is for the image file to ‘loop” (or show) as long as the MP3 is playing.

I received the following code from this forum: however, it does not work for me.
ffmpeg -re -loop 1 –i <IMAGE PATH> –i <MP3 AUDIO PATH> -c:a copy -c:v h264 -preset ultrafast -pix_fmt yuvj420p -shortest video.mp4

Could it be that the version of ffmpeg I am using is not compatible with this code? I’ve tried several different versions with no luck
but may have not hit on the right one? Possibly the code is incorrect?

Any help?
Thanking you in advance for any/ all help – it is GREATLY appreciated,
mikeB