[FFmpeg-user] sound streaming

Adriano Pallavicino adrianopallavicino at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 12:49:24 CET 2014

Hi, I need to transmit an audio stream (realtime) from a remote device
(over IP) to a Server, able to record the stream on a local storage and
stream again the original source - or a recorded chunk of data - to a
Client device. Device, Server and Clients are physically separated.
I was thinking of using ffmpeg on Device to stream OGG sound to the server
(what kind of stream protocol I should use?). On Server side I was thinking
of using ffserver and on Client side ffplay.

Is my idea correct? Any suggestion is appreciated.
Thank you for your time and attention, regards

Adriano