[FFmpeg-user] using -vtag on input files

Roee Kashi galacap at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 16:22:04 CEST 2015

Hi,

with the older ffmpeg version (described earlier), my command line looks
like this:
"ffmpeg.exe -f rawvideo -vcodec rawvideo -s 704x576 -r 25 -pix_fmt yuv420p
-vtag YV12 -i raw.yuv -f avi -qscale 0 out.avi"

with newer version, the output of the same command is:
ffmpeg version N-71209-gd759844 Copyright (c) 2000-2015 the FFmpeg
developers
  built with gcc 4.9.2 (GCC)
Option vtag (force video tag/fourcc) cannot be applied to input file
raw.yuv -- you are trying to apply an input option to an output file or vice
 versa. Move this option before the file it belongs to.
Error parsing options for input file raw.yuv.
Error opening input files: Invalid argument

this error can be with any input file, not necessarily a yuv file, but to
fully test it with the YV12 tag, i uploaded raw.yuv file:
http://www.filedropper.com/output1