[FFmpeg-user] Full description of ffmpeg input - avoid analysis and probing of input files

Thomas Seilund tps at netmaster.dk
Fri Apr 3 12:05:06 CEST 2015

Carl Eugen Hoyos writes:

> Thomas Seilund <tps <at> netmaster.dk> writes:
>
>> How can I make ffmpeg pick up the input without
>> any analysis or probing?
>
> This is not generally possible.
>
>> ffplay -i udp://a.b:1235
>
> Complete, uncut console output missing.
>
> Carl Eugen

Hi Carl

Thanks

It is a general question so I did not provide complete console output.

Let's say you know the nature of a multi media file as provided by ffprobe.

Now you want to provide the multi media file as input to ffmpeg.

Then what is the strategy as far as providing input parameters to ffmpeg to
limit as much as possible the analysis and probe phase and enhance the
probability that ffmpeg will be able to work with the multi media file ?

Thanks

Thomas S