[FFmpeg-user] Distributed video transcoding

sriram sriram.sub at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 10:49:18 CEST 2015

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone built a distributed video transcoding service using ffmeg? I am
interested to know if there any publicly available information about it or
if you can share more information about it. Also, I would like to know how
most of you would go about building one if you had to. One possibility that
I was thinking about was to split the video on gop boundaries, schedule
these segments on multiple machines, transcode these segments using ffmpeg
and merge the output gops. Any insights here would be useful.

Regards,

Ram