[FFmpeg-user] Distributed video transcoding

Henk D. Schoneveld belcampo at zonnet.nl
Fri Apr 3 13:11:24 CEST 2015

On 03 Apr 2015, at 10:49, sriram <sriram.sub at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Has anyone built a distributed video transcoding service using ffmeg? I am
> interested to know if there any publicly available information about it or
> if you can share more information about it. Also, I would like to know how
> most of you would go about building one if you had to. One possibility that
> I was thinking about was to split the video on gop boundaries, schedule
> these segments on multiple machines, transcode these segments using ffmpeg
> and merge the output gops. Any insights here would be useful.
Yes I’ve done what you are suggesting to do. If you search the list for my name or the mentioning or ppss
you’ll find what you’re looking for.
The Subject is Can ffmpeg transcode from mp4(h264/aac) to ts parallel and it dates back to Sep 24, 2012
A more recent discussion how to optimise has Dual Xeon VS Haswell-E, maximise fps as subject and daters back to 02 Oct 2014
Hope it helps.
Henk
ppss - (Distributed) Parallel Processing Shell Script ... - Google Code