[FFmpeg-user] Specifying Video Stream with V instead of v

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Nov 10 10:39:14 CET 2015

On Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 10:58:16 -0700, Josh Marell wrote:
> This is precisely my issue. And I didn't know enough about ffmpeg to know
> if this is some bug or if I am misunderstanding the usage.

At least I have the same understanding from the docs, and think your
approach is valid.

> If it is a bug, I am not entirely sure how to go about getting it
> reported or confirmed. If I am using this implementation wrong (it
> does indeed function properly for ffprobe), I'd love to know how to
> fix it :)

To figure out how it happens, you will have to look at the code and
maybe add debug info. There's a function in there (somewhere) that
determines what kind of stream a stream is. Its "pic" result is
probably being ignored somewhere.

Do you have a small input sample that you could share (with me), so I
can reproduce the behavior?

Moritz