[FFmpeg-user] (no subject)

Jim Worrall coniophora at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 00:03:02 CET 2015

> On 2015 Nov 21, at 12:57 PM, Ming Luo <ming.luo10 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, guys,
>
> I installed ffmpeg-2.8.2 on Mac and run in command line:
>
> ffmpeg -i firstTake.mp4 -vcodec copy -acodec copy -vbsf h264_mp4toannexb
> firstTake.ts
>
> and get the following result with some errors. For each time running, the
> error happens at different   time positions. And if I trim the original 18
> min video to 15 minutes, it works. I'm new in this area. Can anyone shed
> some light on my problem? Thanks!
>
> OUTPUT:
> . . . .

> Failed to open bitstream filter h264_mp4toannexb for stream 0 with codec
> copy: Invalid argument

I’m no expert, and just guessing here since no one else answered so far.  Can you apply a bitstream filter when you are just copying the stream?  Wouldn’t that require transcoding?  That’s what the failure message might be saying.

On the other hand, if it is genuinely working when you trim the input file, I don’t know.