[FFmpeg-user] Live stream out of sync & choppy video

Mitja Pirih mitja at alternet.si
Thu Apr 14 14:28:20 CEST 2016

Hi,

I am grabbing a live mpeg2 multicast stream from my provider and
creating a HLS x264 with AAC from it. Everything works great at least
for some time, after a certain period of time (i can't define the time
parameter it is random) it happens for audio and video to go out of sync
usually in 48 hours. Audio looks to work as expected without anomalies,
video gets choppy and out of sync with audio. Some video frames get
skipped as the video for a couple of seconds gets on fast forward, then
it stops and then plays again, but still out of sync. I suspect it
starts when anomalies on the source start. When I restart the stream it
just works.

Any ideas? Should I provide you with a full ffmpeg output or maybe you
just know how to get rid of a problem?
I do have a video chunk if you need to check it out.

Thank you.