[FFmpeg-user] [Fedora] Installing from source

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Feb 16 12:13:10 CET 2016

Am 16.02.2016 um 11:16 schrieb Moritz Barsnick:
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 13:30:10 +1100, matt clark wrote:
>> Anyway  I was getting a "freetype2 not found" error on compiling before
>> this.  I had freetype-devel installed but there was an additional missing
>> dependancy:
>>
>>      yum install bzip2-devel
>
> That's interesting, because Fedora's freetype-devel shouldn't require
> bzip2-devel

how do you come to the conclusion it does?

if it would be so it would have been pulled and so he would not have
needed "yum install bzip2-devel" - freetype and bzip2 have nothing in
common here

hence people should learn to build packages and re-use / use
BuildRequires, freetype is optional at all, but you need it installed
when you specify to build with freetype support

BuildRequires:     bzip2-devel
BuildRequires:     imlib2-devel
BuildRequires:     lame-devel
BuildRequires:     libtheora-devel