[FFmpeg-user] (no subject) (It should have been: Re: Has the syntax changed for audio remapping in ffmpeg 3.0?)

satelliteviewer at gmx.ca satelliteviewer at gmx.ca
Tue Feb 16 21:13:11 CET 2016

On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 2:46 PM, "Reindl Harald" <h.reindl at thelounge.net> pontificated:

> Am 16.02.2016 um 20:26 schrieb satelliteviewer at gmx.ca:
>> I am not trying to "destroy" your ancient list software. If it's that fragile, maybe it's time to retire it!

> maybe you have noe clue was threading means

> here you see it in reality:
> https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2014-March/thread.html#20340

> here the theory:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threaded_discussion[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threaded_discussion]

I love it when someone gets on their high horse to try to correct someone and then shows total disregard for proper spelling.  You must be a real idiot if you can't spell the word "no"!  Here's a clue for you:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/no

See, I can post links too!

What part of "It was an accident" did you not understand?  You aren't perfect either, and again, if your ancient mailing list software could handle enhanced-text email like almost every other mailing list program not in use, I would not have been obsessing over getting the formatting right and I probably wouldn't have missed the fact that the subject line was blank.  In fact I probably could have just replied to the original post and it would have filled in the subject line automatically.  In the last ten years at least, I have never come across ANY other email system that just silently discards any message that is not pure plain text.

If you want to live in the past that's up to you, but EVERYONE makes mistakes, even you, and especially when confronted with an unfamiliar process.  You need to lose the attitude.  Or you can try to continue this pissing match, but you'll be talking to yourself, because I'm unsubscribing right after I send this (as soon as I can figure out how, anyway).  Life is too short to be told off by the likes of you over a simple mistake.

To everyone else, I appreciate the help I got and I really was not trying to "destroy" your mailing list, and I'm sorry that you have to put up with this asshole on your list.