[FFmpeg-user] MKV With Multiple Audio Streams

Gabriel Altabarani gabealt at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 28 11:02:49 EEST 2016

So I have an MKV video file with the following streams:

Stream#0:0: Video

Stream#0:1: Audio

Stream#0:2: Subtitle

Stream#0:3: Audio

Stream#0:4: Attatchment

Stream#0:5: Attatchment

Stream#0:6: Attatchment

I just want Stream#0:0 and 0:3. However I don't want to re-encode, I just
want to change containers to mp4/webm.

The only way I've gotten it to work is by using this line of code:

ffmpeg -i "Ep.1 Mirai Nikki [Future Diary] (Dual Audio) 1080p.mkv" -map 0
-c:v copy -map -0:a:0 -map -0:s:0 -map -0:t:0 -map -0:t:1 -map -0:t:2
OUTPUT.mp4

But even then I still have to re-encode the second audio stream. My
question, is there a way to change the container and select one of the audio
streams without re-encoding at all?

Thanks,

Gabe