[FFmpeg-user] MKV With Multiple Audio Streams

Kieran O Leary kieran.o.leary at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 11:32:45 EEST 2016

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 9:02 AM, Gabriel Altabarani
<gabealt-at-yahoo.com at ffmpeg.org> wrote:
> So I have an MKV video file with the following streams:
>

> Stream#0:0: Video
>
> Stream#0:1: Audio
>
> Stream#0:2: Subtitle
>
> Stream#0:3: Audio
>
> Stream#0:4: Attatchment
>
> Stream#0:5: Attatchment
>
> Stream#0:6: Attatchment
>

> I just want Stream#0:0 and 0:3. However I don't want to re-encode, I just
> want to change containers to mp4/webm.

Please post your full command line and console output.

If you only want those streams, then you could do:

ffmpeg -i anime.mkv -c:v copy -c:a copy -map 0:0 -map 0:3 output_anime.mp4

Also I think another issue in your original command line was that you
included -c:v copy, but you never added -c:a copy, which is why the
audio stream was reencoded.

Best,

Kieran.