[FFmpeg-user] After demuxing 50i = 50p (...I think...)

Hornung, Bastian bastian.hornung at wur.nl
Thu May 12 11:37:44 CEST 2016

I've done some more tests.

#1: During the conversion the...
input stats are
25 fps, 25 tbr, 25k tbn (default)
output stats are
25 fps, 25 tbr, 100 tbn (default)
ffprobe on the output says
100 fps, 25 tbr, 100 tbn (default)

I have no idea what the problem is, but there is definitely one in how the stats are recognized.

#2: Muxing the output again with the same parameters into again an avi container (just to see if it's a problem with the process and it will again quadruple the fps; means also again audio conversion) will not change anything, it will stay as it is.

#3: This seems seems to be only persistent in AVI containers.
If muxed into .mov....
the input stats are
25 fps, 25 tbr, 25k tbn, 50 tbc (default)
output stats are
25 fps, 25 tbr, 25k tbn, 25k tbc (default)
ffprobe on the output says
25 fps, 25 tbr, 25k tbn, 50 tbc (default)

wmv container...
input
25 fps, 25 tbr, 25k tbn, 50 tbc (default)
output
25 fps, 25 tbr, 1k tbn, 25 tbc (default)
ffprobe on output
25 fps, 25 tbr, 1k tbn, 50 tbc
(there's also something wrong there....but different?)

#4: Changing the video codec to ffv1 or huffyuv doesn't have this problem, no matter which container.

I don't know if I have to conclude that my video stream is messed up, or that there's a problem with some of the metadata, or possibly both, but I can at least circumvent my problem with the change in video codec.
Now I have other problems, but only with Adobe Premiere on its own, so I don't have to bother anyone here with it ^^.
(insights from anyone would still be appreciated)

Bastian