[FFmpeg-user] Specifying lib path when building ffmpeg

Matteo Naccari Matteo.Naccari at bbc.co.uk
Fri Nov 4 20:18:35 EET 2016

> We have a process that we developed in the last decade to fix such issues:
> We call it "reviewing" and it starts the moment you send a patch to the
> mailing list.
> (Note that I still believe there is no issue, but please proof me
> wrong!)

OK, I think we can send this patch after the 15th (once I'm back from annual leave)

> Could you comment on the performance of libturing wrt libvpx and the
> quality compared to FFmpeg's asp encoder?

We haven't compared with libvpx as the Turing codec is compliant with HEVC . Usually we compare with the reference implementation to appreciate how the algorithmic work gets the codec close to the reference.

More information can be found in our IBC paper and references therein (http://digital-library.theiet.org/content/conferences/10.1049/ibc.2016.0038;jsessionid=deklq2qch2t9m.x-iet-live-01).

BR
Matteo

http://www.bbc.co.uk