[FFmpeg-user] Streaming HLS from image in watch folder

Michael Davis admin at network13.net
Wed Aug 2 22:56:42 EEST 2017

Hello,

I want to create a live HLS stream that displays a single image. However, the image is updated by an external program on average about every 3 minutes.  The filename remains the same, but it's contents are always different.  I am able to create a live HLS stream using the image as input.  But ffmpeg does not check the input file for changes and so outputs continuously the first rendition of the image that it loads.  Also, I am using a live audio stream coming from icecast as the audio portion of this HLS stream.

Can ffmpeg be instructed to check file modification and load new, or to load new based on time interval?

Thanks,
Mike