[FFmpeg-user] Streaming HLS from image in watch folder

DopeLabs dopelabs at dubstep.fm
Thu Aug 3 14:13:11 EEST 2017

use -loop 1 -i image.jpg....

and remember to update the file atomically or ffmpeg may partially read the file, or even fail.

you can achieve this by not overwriting the new image in the normal sense, but instead save the new image to a temp file, then mv temp.jpg image.jpg

you may also wish to specify the input frame rate before the image as well =]

cheers,

DL