[FFmpeg-user] Generate/Playback Interlaced (1080i) video with lavfi.

Matthias, Thomas Thomas.Matthias at dolby.com
Wed Jan 4 22:12:23 EET 2017

Thanks for the help Carl.

Seeing the difference isn’t that important, really what I’m trying to accomplish is outputting 1080i video using the FFMPEG wrapper for the DeckLink SDK.  I’ve tried numerous combinations of filter settings with either 1080i or 1080p source content, but I think there I just a limitation/bug in the DeckLink wrapper/device code that’s preventing me from outputting interlaced video.  Any clues on how to fix this would be amazing!

On 12/21/16, 12:31 AM, "ffmpeg-user on behalf of Carl Eugen Hoyos" <ffmpeg-user-bounces at ffmpeg.org on behalf of ceffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I’m trying to generate some smtpebars with a script, and it works fine for 1080p video.
    > However, I’ve tried numerous combinations for generating 1080i video using the
    > –vf tinterlace filter.

    How do you expect to see the difference between interlaced and
    progressive smtpebars?

    I believe the tinterlace filter works fine but without horizontal
    movement you will not be
    able to see a difference.

    Note that the following should simplify your command line:
    $ ffmpeg -f lavfi -i filter1,filter2, ..., filtern

    Carl Eugen