[FFmpeg-user] Generate/Playback Interlaced (1080i) video with lavfi.

Marton Balint cus at passwd.hu
Thu Jan 5 01:34:51 EET 2017

On Wed, 4 Jan 2017, Matthias, Thomas wrote:

> Thanks for the help Carl.
>
> Seeing the difference isn’t that important, really what I’m trying to
> accomplish is outputting 1080i video using the FFMPEG wrapper for the
> DeckLink SDK.  I’ve tried numerous combinations of filter settings with
> either 1080i or 1080p source content, but I think there I just a
> limitation/bug in the DeckLink wrapper/device code that’s preventing me
> from outputting interlaced video.  Any clues on how to fix this would be
> amazing!

Just a wild guess, but if I remember correctly, the decklink device
advertises both progressive and interlaced 1080 formats. You can check
this with -list_formats. If the progressive one is the first, then I think
the decklink device in ffmpeg will use that, no matter what you do. If
that is really the case, then this has to be fixed in ffmpeg/libavdevice.

Regards,
Marton