[FFmpeg-user] Command being killed in perceptual hashing / ffmpeg in general

Aoife Fitzmaurice afitzmaurice at irishfilm.ie
Thu Oct 19 18:22:20 EEST 2017

> Does it make sense to use the signature filter on two files with very different length?

The purpose for which I am using the script is to compare two files for similar content, the shorter of which I believe is a partial dupe of the longer.

Andrew Weaver has written an interesting blog on the subject: https://ndsr.americanarchive.org/2017/04/20/adventures-in-perceptual-hashing/

Up until now I've been generating and comparing checksums, but the perceptual hashing script would definitely enhance our archival workflow.

Thanks,

Aoife