[FFmpeg-user] Matroska Container, FFV1 Codec and GPU Encoding

Wilk, Sebastian Sebastian.Wilk at stud.hs-coburg.de
Thu Sep 14 12:19:46 EEST 2017

That's the general consensus I was able to find with other companies who have a similar project running.

That's the goal, I am currently working on a pilot that revolves around archiving and supplying the videos to the respective worker/department.

Mkv and FFV1 seems to be one of the best options, due to being licensefree and lossless, as well as reasonably fast.

We do not have a whole lot of Videos (yet), but I have to order our hardware, and I wasn't 100% sure if it was CPU only, and I am sure my superiors woud've liked me dumping money on some graphicscards.

Thanks  for the quick, kind and helpful answers.

I did indeed stumble upon CELLAR, and I am sure this topic will be of greater importance in the future.

Kind regards

Wilk